Miami Carol City Senior High School in Florida was holding their 50th Reunion and wanted their name badges to have not only names, including maiden names, but senior pictures from 1969! This was a two part project:
- Design, layup and data merge of badges
- Printing the name badges
Design Name Badge
Designing the name badge was the easy part – just think of it as a single postcard or business card. I got the school colors and fonts from the internet and laid up the card. They wanted the classmate’s picture on each card.
They also wanted to have guest badges along with options for badges for those who did not register in advance (walk-ins). The guest badges were a simple name printed, while the walk-ins had two lines left blank for them to fill in their information. The design was similar, but using a slightly different layout with no photo (obviously)!
Data Merge Pictures & Names
The next step was a bit trickier as I had to data merge all the names and images into individual, printable name badges. This required some custom programming in InDesign. Text and names were fairly easy, but merging the pictures were not. You have to ensure each image filename matches exactly how you program the merge, so there was some geekery involved.
Printing of Name Badges
With a finished PDF document, we sent the badges to print. We printed them on 100# Card stock to ensure a clean and sturdy finish along with badges with fill-in-the-blank options for guests / spouses!
They came out great! The client loved them and everyone loved having their pictures made available, both on the badges themselves, but also electronically for their own use. Nora Hendrix, one of the organizers, sent us this testimonial about the name badges and the event:
Our 50th Year Reunion was this past weekend and I’m thrilled to report that it was a great success. The Name Badges were so attractive and coveted by classmates that I could barely take a photo of them on the tables as people were finding theirs and snatching them up.
Custom Name Badge Pricing
Due to the highly custom nature of the custom name badges, the more you need, the cheaper the price. The custom design & import process is the costliest part of the process. Whether you design 50 or 500, the design and importing is the same amount of work. Pricing is as follows.
- $200 – Custom Design & Data Import of Name Badges (Custom Design + Names + Pictures) First 100 names. $1.00 each additional name.
- $50 – Printing of up to 100 Cards. Full Color, Double Sided, Card Stock. 4″x3″ ($0.25 each additional name)
- $50 – Qty 100 Name Badge Holders + Lanyards* ($25 for each additional 25)
*We use standard off-the-shelf name badge holders and lanyards, such as these. Alternatively, you can specify a specific make/model for us to procure for you, or procure them on your own.
Using the costing above, the
- 50 Badges – $300 – $6.00ea
- 100 Badges – $300 – $3.00ea
- 250 Badges – $637.50 = $2.55ea
- 500 Badges – $1200 = $2.40ea
- $0.50ea – Stuff & Sort the badges. The badges, lanyard, holders, etc. above come loose. If you’d like them stuffed and sorted and packaged ready to go, we can do that for you too.
Ready to go?
If you’re looking for help with your large name badge project, or want to customize your name badges, We’d love to chat with you. They’re perfect for:
- High School & College Reunions
- Corporate Events & Conferences
- Non-profit Galas and Fundraisers
- And more.